Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Full Circle

Almost one year ago, I stepped foot into the world and announced myself as a writer. I created this blog and uploaded my first post, I signed up for Twitter, and I registered for my first Writers Conference. Not knowing what to expect, I had no expectations; all I knew is that I loved writing and I had a story to tell.

Here I am, one year later, still writing and still not knowing what to expect. I've learned a lot, a ton actually, and met so many great people. I've seen other writers send out their novels and receive offers for representation from well-known literary agents. I've seen other writers sign book deals. Even more writers have published their novels and experienced different levels of success. Congratulations to all of them. The achievement is well deserved.

All I have is a story to tell.
My books aren't great literary masterpieces, nor are they worthy of critical acclaim. I don't think I want to write those kind of books. They bore me; I could never write a book that bored me. But this story, THIS STORY, is something fantastic. I wrote the words, yes, so I'm biased that way, but the story found me in a way that begged me to share it with the world. I couldn't walk away and never will.


~ Jamie

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the free book! I look forward to reading it. I write mainly science fiction but I've been dipping my toes into the fantasy realm more and more. I'm currently interested in faeries. I think Patrick Rothfuss' The Kingkiller Chronicles whet my appetite for this, he refers to them simply as the Fae. I also want to read Little, Big by John Crowley whenever it becomes available for my Nook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Sherri. I hope you enjoy my take on faeries.

      Delete
  2. WOW! You started a year ago, that is inspiring! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Say hello or add to the discussion.